FAN EXPO HQ is the largest pop-culture event producer in the world. Our mission is to deliver the ultimate fan experience through our growing portfolio of events, which includes MEGACON Orlando, FAN EXPO Dallas, FAN EXPO Boston, FAN EXPO Denver, FAN EXPO San Francisco, FAN EXPO Canada, Calgary Comics & Entertainment Expo, FAN EXPO Vancouver, and more.
FAN EXPO HQ is a division of Informa, the world’s leading events company, and together we create opportunities for fans to explore and celebrate all things pop-culture, through operational excellence, fandom expertise, and out-of-this-world content.
Ready to embark on a new and exciting adventure? Read on.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for executing marketing campaigns to grow and engage our audiences by developing and delivering a wide range marketing activity. The Marketing Coordinator also cultivates community engagement, oversees localized content calendars, and generates web traffic to drive ticket sale conversions.
- Support Marketing Manager with strategy to build brand awareness and consideration, and drive the acquisition of new audiences
- Contribute to the development of content creation for email newsletter, social media calendars and marketing campaigns
- Assist with the creation of e-newsletters using our email marketing tool – Adestra
- Build and execute prospect and customer engagement e-mail marketing activities
- Manage day to day social platforms on Sprinklr; contribute to the social media strategy, execute all planned social posts, and manage community across all platforms
- Assist with website updates via Core tool (ongoing updates and uploads)
- Assist with advertising buy planning, outreach and execution
- Work with external agencies and partners to develop campaign creative for our market’s ad buys
- Assist with ensuring that all market-facing materials are on brand by partnering with Creative team as well as contributing to social media asset creation
- Manage relationships with Fan Meetups Ambassadors
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting on marketing campaigns and social engagement to key stakeholders
- Develop influencer relationships in key markets
- Execute contests to contribute to the growth of the brand
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends and make recommendations on what can be improved
Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of the broad marketing/communications mix
- Knowledge of Digital marketing, Social Marketing, Content marketing, E-mail marketing
- CMS and Email Marketing tool experience
- A strong communicator, both verbal and written – comfortable publishing content
- Strong time management and planning skills; able to balance the demand of multiple projects, and priorities
- Analytical & problem-solving capability
- Strong writing and editing skills for digital/social channels
- Graphic design and video editing skills considered an asset
- Ability to produce detailed work of a high quality
- Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and assume greater responsibility
- Interest in social media trends and best practices
Experience & Qualifications
- Community management background / driving organic social media engagement
- Content development experience for social media calendars and newsletters
- Influencer Partnership Experience and strong relationship management including ability to nurture relationships with community members as well as collaborate across teams internally
- Can demonstrate an entrepreneurial collaborative approach, bringing fresh and exciting ideas for marketing growth campaigns or new content/community initiatives.
- Prior experience of managing project activity, ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Previous experience or training with CORE, Adestra/Eloqua, Google Analytics, Spinklr preferred
- Experience with promoting events and digital activities that generate engagement